Tomato Galette with Black Mamba Basil Cayenne Pesto
- 350g multi coloured baby tomatoes sliced.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons BLACK MAMBA BASIL CAYENNE PESTO
- 1 puff pastry
- ½ cup crumbled vegan feta cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons grated vegan parmesan cheese
- Extra fresh basil, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Line a cutting board or dinner plate with two layers of paper towels. Spread the tomatoes out on the towels and sprinkle with the salt. Place an additional layer of towels on top and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry crust out to a rough circle. Be sure your circle isn’t larger than your pan. Carefully transfer the pastry crust to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the BLACK MAMBA BASIL CAYENNE PESTO on to the pastry crust, leaving a 3cm border around the outside. Sprinkle ½ of the vegan feta cheese out on to the pesto.. Arrange the tomatoes over the pesto and sprinkle the remaining feta cheese on top.
- Crimp the border edges of the pastry crust around the tomato filling. Whisk together the egg and water to create an egg wash for your crust. Use a pastry brush to paint the crust.
- Sprinkle the pepper over the top of the filling. Sprinkle the vegan parmesan cheese on the crust.
- Bake the galette in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is set and golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.