Basil Cayenne Stuffed Lamb
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||2 hrs|
|Total Time||2 hrs 30 min|
- 2.5 kg lamb shoulder, deboned and butterflied
- 2 tbsp coarse salt
- 4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 100g prosciutto
For the stuffing:
- 2 tbsp BLACK MAMBA Basil Cayenne Pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 300g baby spinach, rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease a roasting pan with oil. Place the meat on a flat surface and rub with coarse salt.
- Mix the mustard, garlic, rosemary and oil and spread liberally on the inside of the meat. Place the prosciutto on top.
- To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 4 minutes until soft and slightly golden. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add the BLACK MAMBA Basil Cayenne Pesto and combine.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Spread on top of the prosciutto, Roll up tightly and tie with string.
- Place in the prepared pan and roast for 2 hours, until cooked but slightly pink inside.