Carrot, Ricotta & Coriander Pesto Jalapeño Tart
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
|Total Time||55 min|
- 500g carrots, trimmed and cut lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
- 320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 250g ricotta
- 2 tbsp BLACK MAMBA Coriander Jalapeño Pesto
- A little milk or beaten egg, to brush
- 1 tbsp almond flakes, toasted, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line another baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss the carrots with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to the sprayed baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Roll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 30 by 25 rectangle. Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Using a sharp paring knife, lightly score a 2cm border all around the edge of the pastry. Prick with a fork everywhere but the border
- Combine the chopped spring onion, parsley and BLACK MAMBA Coriander Jalapeño Pesto and evenly spread onto the pastry. Crumble the ricotta on top. Arrange the roasted carrots in a single layer on top.
- Brush the edges of the tart with milk or egg.
- Bake tart until the crust is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with spring onion, and almond flakes, if desired.