Baked Jalapeno & Coriander Line Fish
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
|Total Time||40 min|
1kg whole line fish (fish fillets can be used)
- Black Mamba Coriander & Jalapeno Pesto
- 2 tbsp Black Mamba Sliced Pickled Jalapeños
- ½ pineapple chopped
- ½ small red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ small red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Black Mamba Pineapple Chilli Sauce
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 medium potato (finely sliced)
- Red chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Clean and dry the excess moisture off the fish with a dish towel, score the fish on both sides (make incisions). Season the fish with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Baste the fish on both sides with Black Mamba Coriander and Jalapeño Pesto until the fish is well coated.
- Prepare the salsa by adding the pineapple, red pepper, red onion, coriander and Black Mamba Pineapple Chilli Sauce into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add olive oil into an oven tray, place the potato slices and slices of ½ red onion at the bottom of the oven tray. Add in the chopped garlic and season the vegetables with salt and black pepper.
- Place the fish in the oven tray on top of the seasoned vegetables. Then stuff the fish with the pineapple salsa, drizzle some olive oil over the fish and vegetables.
- Slice ½ a lemon into thin wedges and stuff them into the incisions on the top of the fish. Squeeze the juice of the remaining ½ of the lemon over the fish.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of Black Mamba Sliced Pickled Jalapeños over the fish and some red chilli flakes.
- Place the fish into the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, sprinkle some fresh coriander and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the fish. Add some salt and black pepper.