Pineapple & Mango Jam Filled Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ½ up butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- FRUIT BAT Pineapple & Mango Jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line muffin tin with cupcakes paper cups.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl beat together the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk mix until just combined. Do not over mix, mix in milk and yoghurt. (batter will be thick)
- Scoop batter into 12 lined muffin tins, and bake on 180c for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Completely chill before using the cupcake corer, cut in about 1 inch deep piece from the top of each cupcake, and fill each with 1 tbsp jam jam.
- To make the frosting: Beat softened butter using an electric mixer until light and creamy, add icing sugar, milk, vanilla, and food colouring if desired. Frost the cupcakes and chill.