- 4 egg whites
- 35 g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 35 g sugar
- 35 ml milk
- 25 ml vegetable oil
- 60 g cake flour
- 80 g butter
- 160 g icing sugar
Pineapple Jam & Granadilla Jam Filling
- 1 tablespoon FRUIT BAT PINEAPPLE & MANGO JAM
- 20ml Granadilla Pulp
- 20 ml water
- 2 large free range egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 200g of castor sugar
- Preheat the oven to 80-85 degrees C (if the oven is to hot the meringues will turn brown - try not to exceed 90 degrees)
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper
- In a bowl whisk together the egg whites and salt until foamy
- Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form
- Add in the xylitol a little at a time and continue to beat for around 8 minutes
- Place in a piping bag and pipe a small meringue, at a time onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving a little peak on top.
- Bake for an hour and a half in the pre heated oven
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and allow to cool in the oven, with the door open, overnight (for 8-12 hours). Please be careful with the oven door open!
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peak.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until ribbon stage. Add in milk and oil, mix well.
- Then add in meringue, fold it gently. Pour the batter in lined baking tray, tap the tray few times to release the air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven at 170C, bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely then cut into the shape you want.
Beat the butter until fluffy and pale, then add in icing sugar. (If is too thick, you can add some water)
Place jam, granadilla pulp and water in a small saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer stirring continuously until the mixture is well mixed. Remove from heat, set aside until completely cooled.
To assemble the cake, put some buttercream in a piping bag and put it on top on the cake, add the jam mixture and top with meringue.