Jam Filled Christmas Cookies
|Prep Time||60 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
1 hr 30 mins
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 FRUIT BAT PEACH & GINGER JAM
- Caster sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with a hand mixer until light and foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter and let cool slightly. When cooled to room temperature, add it slowly to the egg-sugar mixture with the vanilla, mixing constantly.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder; slowly add it to the egg mixture to create a firm dough.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2cm thick on lined baking pans and cut with a round cutter.
- Cut out a hole in the center of half of the cookies and remove scraps.
- Bake about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Spread cookies without holes with FRUIT BAT PEACH & GINGER JAM. Press together jam-filled cookie with holed-out cookies to form a sandwich
- Sprinkle with a bit of caster sugar, enjoy.