Pan Seared Wagyu Steak with Chipotle Compound Butter
- 2x 200g STUDEX Wagyu Ribeye Steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
250g unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp BLACK MAMBA CHIPOTLE CHILLI SAUCE
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp smoky paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the butter, put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine with a fork until smooth. Spoon onto some cling film, then roll into a log about 5cm in diameter. Place in fridge until firm, then cut into 1/2cm slices.
- Season each wagyu beef steak with sea salt and black pepper, then drizzle lightly with oil.
- Preheat skillet on a high heat. Cook steak for 2 minutes on each side (until browned). Remove from heat and rest for a minute.
- Place a slice of softened butter onto the cooked steak and serve immediately with fresh lime.