Flourless Chocolate Cake with Cayenne Chilli Ganache
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
|Total Time||1 hour|
- 150g chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
For the ganache
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp BLACK MAMBA CAYENNE CHILLI PASTE
- Raspberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease an 20cm springform cake tin with cooking spray.
- Place a small saucepan filled halfway with water over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over the simmering pot, ensuring the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Turn off heat and remove bowl from saucepan.
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water. Add sugar and espresso to melted chocolate and whisk until completely combined then add eggs and whisk to combine. Stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake until just set in the middle and a thin crust forms, ±35 min.
- Let cake cool for 15 min, then remove sides of springform pan. Let cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make ganache: Place heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl, then pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit 1 minute, then add BLACK MAMBA CAYENNE CHILLI PASTE and whisk to combine.
- Pour ganache over cake and smooth with spatula. Place in refrigerator until set, if desired, about 10 minutes.
- Top with raspberries to serve.