Roast Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos with Homemade Chipotle Mayo
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||1 hr 30 min|
- 1½ cups of cooked Green Mamba Chickpeas
- 1 small cauliflower head (cut into florets)
- Corn tortillas
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- Chopped coriander
Black Mamba Chipotle Mayonnaise Ingredients
- ¼ cup Black Mamba Chipotle Hot Sauce
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Soak 1 cup of Green Mamba Chickpeas in a bowl of water, overnight. Thoroughly wash and rinse the soaked chickpeas. Add the chickpeas to a pot with 3 cups of water + 1 tsp salt. Leave to boil for 1.5 hours, or until the chickpeas are soft.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a clean bowl, mix the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water. Stir through the cooked chickpeas and cauliflower florets. Place the coated chickpeas and cauliflower on a greased baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and cauliflower is tender. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare the Black Mamba Chipotle Mayo by mixing together ¼ cup Black Mamba Chipotle Chilli Sauce, ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp lime juice, and smoked paprika and ground cumin to taste. Decant the Chipotle mayo in a squeeze bottle for easy use and storage.
- Compile the taco by charring a tortilla over an open flame, then adding the chopped red cabbage, followed by the roasted cauliflower and chickpea mixture. Finally, garnish the tacos with freshly chopped coriander and a generous drizzle of Black Mamba Chipotle Mayo.