Chilli Chocolate Brownies
|Prep Time||25 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
|Total Time||60 min|
- 180g good quality unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 300g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp BLACK MAMBA Cayenne Chilli Paste
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Line an 20cm square baking pan with parchment, allowing some overhang on two sides.
- Melt chocolate and butter, In a double boiler over simmering water, whisking until smooth. Or melt in a microwave using 30 second increments, stirring between increments.
- Set the chocolate aside to cool to room temperature.
Combine flour and salt in a small bowl
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar
- Add cocoa powder, cayenne chilli paste, and crushed chilli to the egg/sugar mixture, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the cooled chocolate/butter mixture until smooth.
- Fold in flour and salt and stir vigorously until batter is thick and smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- When cool, use the parchment to remove from pan. Cut into squares.