Cayenne Chilli Braised Lamb Shanks
|Total Time||3 hrs 15 min|
- 4 lamb shanks (around 400g / 14oz each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml / 1 cup red wine
- 500ml / 1 cup beef stock
- 100ml BLACK MAMBA CAYENNE CHILLI SAUCE
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180C and pat the lamb shanks dry with kitchen roll and season well.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sear the lamb shanks until browned all over and then remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and add the onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes until softened and starting to highly brown and then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the red wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Pour in the stock, tomatoes, rosemary and BLACK MAMBA CAYENNE CHILLI SAUCE sauce and stir everything together to combine. Season well.
- Place the lamb in a deep baking dish and pour over the liquid. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 3 hours.
- 30 minutes before the lamb is ready, remove the foil and return to the oven.
- Remove the shanks and set them on a plate, covered with the foil. Pour the sauce into a saucepan, bring to a simmer and reduce until you have the consistency you want.
- Serve the lamb shanks with the sauce spooned over.