Sweet & Spicy Chakalaka Hot Dogs
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 grams ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon BLACK MAMBA CAYENNE CHILLI SAUCE
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 400 grams canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Frankfurters, grilled
- 6 Hot dog rolls
- 6 tablespoons BLACK MAMBA SPICY MANGO CHUTNEY
- Fresh Rocket
- Mild Mustard (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the curry powder and BLACK MAMBA CAYENNE CHILLI SAUCE, stir to combine.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the carrots and stir to make sure they are well combined with the other ingredients and coated in the curry powder. Add in the tomatoes and tomato paste and stir. Cook until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and chopped parsley, season with salt and black pepper.
- Grill Frankfurters over hot coals or according to packet instructions. Serve in hot dog rolls with spoon BLACK MAMBA SPICY MANGO CHUTNEY, Chakalaka, Rocket and mustard, if using.