Apple Berry French Toast
|Total Time||30 min|
- 2-3 slices of Brown Whole Grain Bread
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp milk of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 small apple cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Apple Fruit Bat Jam
- Olive oil
- Icing sugar
- Add 1 tbsp of olive into a pan on low heat. Add in the chopped apple, brown sugar and Apple Fruit Bat Jam. Leave the apples to caramelize and set aside once cooked.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Season with salt and pepper. Dip the bread into the mixture and coat both sides of the bread.
- Fry the coated bread slices in a nonstick pan on medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove French toast from the pan onto a plate. Spread some Apple Fruit Bat Jam onto the slices of French toast. Place the caramelised apples from step 1 onto the French toast. Sprinkle some blueberries and chopped strawberries over the toast.
- Lastly, garnish with a sprinkle of icing sugar!