Skip to content
1 hr 30 min
- 2 medium butternut squash
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tsp Ras El Hanout Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp BLACK MAMBA Beetroot Ginger Chutney
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 250g mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 80g pack pomegranate seeds
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- 30g coriander, chopped
- 125g vegan Feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Slice the butternut in half length ways and scrape out the seeds. Place both halves onto a lined oven tray, cut-side down. Roast for 40-50 minutes, until just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Scoop most of the tender flesh out into a bowl, leaving a 1.5cm ‘shell’ of squash around the edges. Season the squash halves with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, heat 1⁄2 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan then fry the onion over medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and Ras El Hanout spice blend and cook.Stir in the spinach, cover with a lid, and leave to wilt for 2 minutes. Next, add the chopped nuts, scooped-out squash, BLACK MAMBA Beetroot Ginger Chutney, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and coriander. Break down the squash with your spoon and mix everything together well.
- Divide the filling mixture between the squash halves.
- Return to the oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the squash is completely tender.
- To serve, garnish with crumbled vegan feta cheese, pomegranate and micro herbs.