Trio of Tacos - Beef Strips, Crispy Fish & Vegetarian
Beef Strip Tacos
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 450g skirt steak, cut into strips
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon canola oil, garlic, chilli powder, cumin and oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and marinade, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned and marinade has reduced or until desired doneness.
- Serve steak in tortillas, topped with fresh red cabbage, coriander and a drizzle of BLACK MAMBA PINEAPPLE CHILLI SAUCE, fresh pineapple pieces and garnish with lime wedge.
Crispy Fish Taco
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup lager beer (240 mL)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 455 g hake cut into 2-cm thick strips
In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the beer and whisk until smooth. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot until it reaches 180°C.
Coat the fish in the batter, then transfer to the oil and fry until golden on the outside and cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Drain the fish on a wire rack set over a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow or white onion
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 150g sliced mushrooms
- 4 zucchini thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 200g black beans
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and add the onions and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add in the mushrooms and zucchini and stir continuously. Pour in the drained beans. Stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve on warm tortillas, topped with fresh red cabbage, coriander and a drizzle of BLACK MAMBA CHIPOTLE CHILLI SAUCE, dollop of sour cream and garnish with lime wedge