|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
|Total Time||35 min|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup lager beer (240 mL)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 455 g hake cut into 2-cm thick cubes
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 150 ml sour cream
- Coriander and lime wheels to garnish
- Spring Onion sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the beer and whisk until smooth. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot until it reaches 180°C.
- Coat the fish in the batter, then transfer to the oil and fry until golden on the outside and cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Drain the fish on a wire rack set over a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Alternatively, you can bake in 220 degree oven for 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve crispy fish on warm tortilla, top with fresh red cabbage, coriander and a drizzle of BLACK MAMBA JALAPEÑO CHILLI SAUCE, dollop of sour cream and garnish with lime wedge.